Birthday Cake

Today my Mum turns 70! Yesterday we had lunch with her and my stepfather and I delivered my homemade birthday cake, a flour less chocolate cake make from almonds, walnuts, chocolate, butter, sugar and eggs. I wasn't sure that it had worked when I took it out of the oven but it has definitely improved after a few days. I'm hoping that with all those heart healthy nuts, it's a healthier form of cake!

Mmmmm....chocolate cake!
The weather is still so very wet given that's it's mid-July. Currently you wouldn't know that it's late morning here, it's as dark as winter with huge storm clouds gathering overhead. Yesterday we had torrential rain with flooding on some of the smaller country roads and the local rivers are full to the point of bursting. We've had no summer to speak of as yet and everyone is fed up, we all need a little blue sky and sunshine. The house too is starting to suffer, an old Victorian house with no damp proof is  not able to cope with such prolonged rain and the work we desperately need to do on the roof of the outhouse is just not possible without a dry spell. Weather reports say that it's going to improve when I'm back at work, typical!

Comments

Popular Posts