Wiggo!

I present to you our latest British champion cyclist, Bradley Wiggins, (in knitted form), winner of the Tour de France and the Olympic time trial!


This is the secret project I've been working on for some days. I was hoping to finish him for the final day of the Tour in Paris but got sidetracked by other projects and ended up completing the final stitches yesterday, just in time for the Olympic time trial. I've tried to include all the details as accurately as possible although I gave to trying to embroider the smaller sponsor details on his yellow jersey. He does have the sideburns though and I added a little colour to his nose so that he looks authentically sunburnt. In keeping with his Mod style, here he is against a Union Jack and the detail of his numbers and sponsor on his back.



The knitted Jubilee Queen (and corgi) I posted about a few weeks ago has now gone to a new home. I hope she is appreciated!

Comments

Popular Posts