Cannellini Beans & Chorizo

Have been reading a LOT of cookery books of late, trying to increase the range of dishes we eat and looking for inspiration for cooking simple thrifty suppers. This does mean that I do frequent discount and second hand book shops regularly and find it very hard to resist when finding something interesting (and consequently have a large collection of cook books). A recent favourite has been Kitchen & Co by Rosie French and Ellie Grace (see it here on Amazon), which I mentioned in my last post. This is a lovely book with simple relaxed recipes that suit my style of cooking (mainly one pot and very relaxed attitude to exact measuring). As ingredients dwindled at the end of the week I was able to knock up one of their brunch recipes for an easy supper using ingredients from the larder. Essentially a 'posh' sausage, egg and beans with a Mediterranean influence the dish involves cooking a couple of tins of cannellini beans with a tin a tin of tomatoes, onion, garlic, chorizo and some oregano and chilli until thick and rich, then cracking a few eggs on top, scattering with feta and finishing in the oven until the eggs are just set. Very nice, if very filling but definitely worth trying.

Not a great photo but I was keen to start eating!
I do feel that food is a very important factor of a healthy life (both physically but also socially too). Earlier this year, my rather elderly old tom cat was quite seriously ill and for a while it was really touch and go. However, the vet, suggested changing his food to a prescribed diet for gastrointestinal sensitivity. He has now been on this for several months and the difference is quite amazing. He is more alert, his fur is glossy and has grown back on his ears which were previously bald and best of all he has his 'mojo' back. I'm considering eating it myself!

Comments

Popular Posts