Pineapple and honey


Each week I try to bake a different cake so that there is something in the house to satisfy any sweet cravings. These cakes never seem to last more than a day or two but that is a compliment in itself!


This week’s cake is a pineapple honey cake, a take on the retro pineapple upside-down cake of the 1970’s and using ratafia biscuits instead of maraschino cherries in the centre of the pineapple slices. The cake was very easy to make and is lovely (recipe from issue 2 of The Simple Things magazine). I extended the cooking time from 30-35 minutes to 55 minutes having learnt from my recent banana cake disaster (I think this may be more to do with my oven and cake tin then anything else). I used my brother’s home-grown honey and the resulting cake is very scented. This recipe is a keeper! 

Comments

Popular Posts