Foodie Pen Pals, the parcels are revealed!


Today is the date that all parcels sent and received through Foodie Pen Pals are revealed. It is quite daunting to pick items for someone you have never met but luckily the person I was tasked to send my parcel too is a fellow blogger (www.phyllishomemade.blogspot.co.uk) and as well as having the opportunity to read her blog, she also sent me an informative email which helped a lot. It is also surprising that £10 actually buys very little in today’s UK, although I decided that the whole point of this scheme was to be a little experimental rather than economical. 


The parcel I sent contained the following –

Stoats Apple and Cinnamon Porridge Pot
Rosemary Grissini
Bermondsey Bramble (a high fruit content jam made by England Preserves)
Wrights Parmesan & Sun Dried Tomato Bread Mix
Sicilia Lemon Juice (lemon juice and lemon oil from Sicily)
Good Earth Herbal Tea Bags (different varieties)

With this I included a short note on each of the items and a recipe for the cheesecake I made at the cookery school I attended in January. 

The parcel I received was from Sue in Hertfordshire, who does not have a blog as yet, but is another keen foodie. It was rather exciting to receive the well sealed box and the goodies in side were fantastic and well wrapped for their journey by post. Many, many thanks Sue!



Sue's parcel to me contained the following -

Gustosecco Primavera Risotto
Mondovino Spicy Moroccan Crackers
English Plum Pickle
Homemade raspberry and strawberry jam
Fry's Chocolate Cream bar

With this she included a lovely recipe for sweet potato and pea fishcakes which I'll definitely be trying. With the addition of a bottle of wine, I have a lovely meal straight from the box! Altogether this was a fun challenge and I look forward to the March exchange.

Comments

  1. I was wondering how far £10 would go. I would have loved both these packages. Can't wait to find out who I'll be partnered with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had a look at some of the others too? I'm drooling at the sound of chocolate covered power berries...yum!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I like the sound of the homemade jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A man shaped 'mouse' seems to have polished off most of the goodies so far!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts