Crab, sun, sea & sand

North Norfolk is one of my most favourite places in England and I have been visiting for years. There is something about the wild and desolate marshes and windswept beaches that appeals to me on so many levels. Walking in the surf of the North Sea, picking up shells, inhaling the salty tang gives me such a complete sense of peace that I try to escape here at least once or twice a year. It helps that crab is one of my favourite foods as this coast is famous for it's crustaceans.


Holkam Beach is justly famous for it's views and I cannot think of a more pleasant way to spend a day than lazing in amongst the sand dunes, escaping the wind and enjoying a simple packed picnic (and after the long walk back to Wells-next-the-sea, fish and chips from French's eaten on the harbour wall).


Comments

  1. Your second sentence makes we want to go to Norfolk as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I should keep quiet about it so I can keep it all to myself! Go, it's fantastically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore North Norfolk! We've been 3 times in the last couple of years and I'm itching to go back in the next couple of months. Where do you stay when you're there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually try to get the cheapest B&B available (not always possible, it's a bit pricey up there!). Lately, I've been staying in Wells-next-the-sea, so that I can roll into bed after sampling the pubs (and no worries about driving) and roll out of bed to a full English or kippers and have the harbour and beach on my doorstep! The Old Custom House in Wells is good. The house is quirky and looks haunted and the breakfast is full of homemade jams and is generous and very yum plus it's right on the harbour wall so you can watch the dawn across the marshes...bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts