Loss

On Wednesday I came home from work to the shocking news that my uncle, a very close member of my family had been found dead at home. He was only 62, yet seemed so much younger in spirit and looks. He and my aunt have been in my life for so long that I can't believe he has gone. I last saw them both in September last year and will hold the memory that I have of one warm Indian summer night on that long weekend, sitting in the garden, laughing and laughing, drinking beer, and being so happy, feeling so at home. We had planned to stay with them in September this year, to go to Germany to Europe's biggest bike shop and they were going to come to England and have lunch with us on my birthday. It's been a hard week but also a reminder that none of us know when we will go, that we should make the most of everyday. So, thrifty friends, remember to spend too, you should live, you cannot take your savings with you.

Comments

Popular Posts