Sun, sand, seafood and Spain

As you may have guessed from my Instagram feed I have been relaxing in the sunny warmth of Spain's southern coast, eating plenty of local seafood, swimming in the sea, gathering my thoughts and generally taking some time out to concentrate on some creativity.

A painted doorway in old Mojacar, Almeria

I'm still re-acclimatising to the cold (and dark) and dreading a return to work and days trapped under fluorescent lighting but I hope to concentrate over the coming weeks on some of the things that caught my imagination whilst away. I have a list of succulents and cacti varieties to investigate, recipes to try, Spanish words to look up and maps to study. I started painting again after too long a time and enjoyed it tremendously and I also have my holiday knitting project to finish (and when I wear it I will know that each stitch was made sitting in the sun on a wild and deserted beach). Sometimes we all need time out from modern life to revaluate that the simplest of things give the most pleasure. Here's to retaining some of the warmth of life in the sun until next time.


Comments

Popular Posts