Remembering a little friend

At the end of July, we had to make the difficult decision to say goodbye to our very loved pet cat. I say 'pet' but he was so much more than that, he was our little flat mate, our closest buddy, our very loved friend. It's been really hard since he's gone and I can't begin to describe how much we miss him, the house is empty and doesn't feel like home anymore.


Those of you who have shared your lives with animals will know of this pain but sadly there are many who just ask 'will you get another one?'. I most probably will open my home to another animal soul at some point but for now I am grieving the passing of a little creature of almost 20 years, someone that shared our daily rituals, someone that we loved and who leaves a large hole in our hearts.

Comments

  1. So sad isn't it? When we were teenagers we lost our family dog and it was devastating; it felt like losing a brother. My heart goes out to you both. Much love, Elinor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your comments mean a lot to us x

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry. I've mourned guinea pigs and rats and cats, but no matter what size your pet, or that they're 'just' an animal, it hurts so much to let them go, partly because of the unconditional love that goes missing from your life together with them. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts