Foodie Penpal Summer Round-up

I've been a little slow in posting about my last few foodie penpal parcels, sometimes life becomes a little too hectic and it takes time to catch up. So here is a round-up of those I missed, just as the seasons begin to change.


For August, I received this from Carol Anne at thisisrocksalt.com, Carol Anne is the organiser for Foodie Penpals and does an amazing job in co-ordinating it all. I'm very open to trying anything new and love the cultural associations that come with food and was very pleased to receive Carol Anne's parcel all the way from Scotland, full of delicious local treats. The dark chocolate studded with candied ginger and the Scottish shortcake have long since been scoffed (in actual fact it's always hard to restrain from eating the the contents of the parcels before photographing them!). The other contents included a homemade lime liquer, which has been also been sampled (lovely), a homemade plum and lavender jam, raspberry sauce, some popping corn, a very intriguing purple basil jam and a little book of haggis recipes. I love haggis and the recipes for toasted haggis sandwiches or haggis shepherd's pie sound particularly delicious and I'll be trying them out as soon as the weather turns colder.

For July I was paired with John from twogreedymancunians.blogspot.co.uk who sent me a very extravagant bottle of Italian black truffles. I'm taking a while to decide what to use these for (and am open to suggestions). They look amazing and it's quite tempting just to open them up and have a sniff.


Finally in June I was sent a lovely parcel by Cara who doesn't yet have a blog. I'm afraid to say that this is one case when my stomach won over the camera and I don't have any photos. Cara included some lovely oat biscuits, yoghurt coated cranberries, flapjacks and some very healthy soup mix full of pulses and pearl barley.

Comments

Popular Posts