April Foodie Penpals

Can't quite believe that it's the last day of April, were did that month go?! A combination of several big events in the 'day' job, a few days of warmer weather leading to a frenzy of gardening, a family 'do' and associated hand made gift plus a back log of knitting requests meant the blog was sadly neglected for a few weeks. I did make time for the Foodie Penpal exchange which is proving to be thoroughly addictive and very enjoyable. This month I was paired with Stephanie, an American settled here in the UK, a fellow cat lover and foodie trying to live a healthy life despite a love of cakes. She is a fellow blogger and I recommend you visit her at StephLovesCakes for some great recipes. After having a nose around her blog I tried to send her a parcel that she would enjoy which also reflected some of my favourite foods.


My penpal tasked with sending a parcel to me was Jenny, a fellow foodie but not yet a blogger. Jenny is from Belfast, somewhere I have not been but have a sort of spiritual link as my partner is a big fan of Georgie Best. Jenny sent me a really fantastic parcel, with each item carefully wrapped in tissue paper, bound with wool (very appropriately for a knitter and a touch I really appreciated).


I opened the parcel with my partner (who now realising that food arrives in the post once a month has started to show a real interest). I have to confess that the photo above is a bit of a mock-up as a number of things were consumed immediately on opening the parcel before a photo could be taken! In the top right corner was a little bag of Irish cream fudge which lasted barely seconds and the crisps didn't last much longer! The potato farls are made on the same road where Jenny lives and she described the smells from the bake house very evocatively. Also included was a pretty card explaining her parcel, a jar of local rhubarb chutney (with such a great label) and a recipe for Belfast baps with a suggestion to have them with fried egg and bacon. Yum! Jenny I really loved your parcel and I'm very touched by all the effort that went into it.

Comments

  1. This looks awesome! I just found foodie pen pals and can't wait until I can do it next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna, it's such great fun and you get delicious treats thrown in so there is everything to love! Shame that it can't be international because of restrictions as I look longingly at some of the boxes from abroad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts