Wool House

Last week I had a rare mid-week day off and indulged myself in some yarn and fabric 'window shopping'. The Campaign for Wool had an exhibition of all things woolly in Somerset House and I'd been thinking of trying to cram a visit into a lunch hour. I'm glad I didn't, as I ended up staying for several hours, it was easily one of the best exhibitions I'd been to for a long while.


The first series of rooms in the West Wing of Somerset House were dedicated to wool, it's production, work by weavers and felt artists, traditional English tailoring, fashion and a craft room from Rowan.


These were followed by a set of rooms dressed in the best of British design using wool, including a bedroom, snug, study, living room and nursery. These were simply stunning and myself and a fellow visitor decided that we should just shut the doors, call the maid for a tray of tea and settle in front of the fire.....it's nice to dream!


In addition I also went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia (before it got too busy). Liberty had a lovely display of their latest fabrics and despite my best intentions I did purchase a lovely skein of  merino/silk sock lace from Tall Yarns (guest dyed by Koigu), a little treat for a project over the summer.


Comments

Popular Posts