Gardening

Sunday was spent catching up on some gardening. The allotment is in rather a mess because of the unseasonal weather so I've decided to concentrate on growing most things in the garden this year (although tonight there is a frost forecast, so I'm back to wrapping things up!). I bought reusable grow bags cheaply from Wilkinson's hardware store and am using them to grow carrots, beetroot, courgettes and (as an experiment this year) sweet potato.

The string is to keep off the cat and birds

I read a lovely article in one of the Sunday papers about a woman who collected different mints and remembered how lovely the pots were in the Southbank gardens last year so planted a large pot with four different varieties, Eau de Cologne, Pineapple, Chocolate and Black Peppermint. These will be covered in bees when they flower and I'm hoping they will release their different scents as we brush past. That's if we get any warmer nights!!!



Comments

Popular Posts