January, a fresh start for 2016

January.....sigh, another new year and another new start but it does feel kind of good. I always feel quite positive at this time, refreshed after a long break and ready to take on anything (before the bone aching feeling of overwhelming exhaustion takes over from trying to be superwoman at work). Some of us, however, take it easy all year around, Sid has loved the Christmas break!

A very relaxed cat! ©bighomebird

He's been very *helpful* during Christmas wrapping and has loved the wealth of new boxes that have appeared but mostly he has enjoyed the company and elongated lounging around in pyjamas. Like pretty much everyone else I have some plans for 2016, projects to finish and new ones to start. I'm listing them here, in no particular order, so I can check back on myself in 12 months.

  • Re-upholster my Ercol chair (no good buying a 'project' if only the cat can use it).
  • Learn to make proper bread.
  • Make a better effort at learning a language.
  • Finish craft projects before starting others.
  • De-clutter!
  • Spend less and save more.
  • Make time to draw and paint.
  • Open my Etsy shop (it's been sitting in limbo for a while).

There may be some others, but for now I'll concentrate on these. What are you planning for 2016?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. He certainly is but don't let those whiskers fool you, he's not afraid of sinking in his fangs on a regular basis (mostly me, mostly when I'm least expecting it!).

      Delete
  2. Liking the plan to upholster the Ercol chair. I want to cover a headboard for our bedroom but not sure what's in my head will be how it turns out! Elinor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's normally my problem too but it's always worth a go (also got a great project in mind with vintage tea towels which I think you may just quite like!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts