A new obsession

I have a new love. A new love that is taking all of my spare time and is occupying an obscene amount of my waking time thoughts (and much of my night time too). To be fair, this is somewhat of a rekindled romance, we first met many years ago when I was much, much younger. I cannot imagine being apart again. So, the cause of this new fire in my loins? Well, people, it is a sewing machine...in particular my brand new Janome 7025.

Sid and my new Janome 7025

I've never had a new sewing machine before, like most people I've had hand-me-downs or used machines in sewing classes but this year I finally took the plunge and with a fistful of vouchers saved from birthdays I headed to John Lewis. I even cleared my desk so it can sit, proudly under it's cover, in full view. A source of inspiration by it's very presence. Since it's arrival I have been lurking in fabric shops and pinning like a crazy woman on Pinterest. I even have to admit to stalking people on public transport, transfixed by a pin tuck or unusual detail in their clothes.

Coco, pattern by Tilly and the Buttons

Since it's purchase a little over a month ago, I have been it's slave, pins in hand, fabric spread over the living floor but I have also successfully made a jersey top, a skirt and a blouse with buttons and have at least five more projects lined up and ready to go.

Liberty print Mathilde blouse, pattern by Tilly & the Buttons

As you may have noticed, I have a four legged seamstress's assistant, who has been very interested in the new focus of attention.

Barcelona skirt, pattern by Amy Butler, made from an old tablecloth and Liberty print lining

So, for now, food is second place, while I stitch away, happily lost in my new obsession.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts