Foodie Penpals, November

Phew! That'll teach me to take a late holiday, since coming back from Spain it's been non-stop and I haven't had time to think, let alone cook and then write about it. In between rushing from A to B I have also changed the name of my blog (I guess you may have already noticed), matching it to my other social media accounts which is what I first intended. I hope you like the new look! I opted out of the October foodie pen-pal exchange but was back in time to take part in the final swop for 2014 (December is just too busy for everyone plus postage during the festive season can provide an extra complication). My pen-pals for this month were both very North European, I sent my parcel to Lithuania and received one back from Sweden.

Foodie Penpal parcel, November, from Sweden

It's always special to receive post from abroad and a parcel covered in exotic looking stamps is guaranteed to perk up another monotonous day at the office. Sofie sent me a lovely box filled with things I like. I was especially happy to receive some fish products (my favourite) and a selection of chocolate and other more healthy treats (can you tell that the packets are actually empty in the photos above?.....I couldn't resist). Interestingly, the Swedes also seem to have a liking for salty liquorice, like the Dutch (see the 'Kick' bar above). It was a really lovely parcel, so thank you Sofie.

Swedish and Danish tinned fish

I was especially lucky this month, as my friend Annika, a fellow blogger, returned from her recent travels to Sweden and Denmark with some more of my favourite food. Seriously, brisling are the best, I could eat these out of the tin anytime of the day. Note to self, must....MUST, get myself down to Tincan before it closes!

Comments

Popular Posts