Foodie Penpals - September

I received a nostalgic parcel for September from Nikki in the Netherlands. A big bag of kruidnootjes (a small cinnamon spiced biscuit commonly used for the Sinta Klaas celebrations on 5th December), some hagelslag (like hundreds and thousands but eaten on bread), a bag of drop (liquorice flavoured sweets) and something I've not seen before, liquorice flavoured sugar. Not quite sure what to do with this one as yet, any ideas are very welcome.


I'm planning on writing a post on Dutch celebrations later in the year so will be saving some of this until then. As I have a rather packed schedule over the next month I'm taking a break from Foodie Penpals but will be resuming in November and will be looking forward to preparing parcels with a Christmas theme.

Comments

Popular Posts