Snow

Swedish Apple & Rye Cake with cider syrup and vanilla creme fraiche
Well the snow finally arrived, although much less than last year. Still it was a cold and grey day yesterday, a day for baking and taking it easy at home trying to keep warm. I had some rye flour leftover from a previous culinary experiment so decided to make Ravinder Bhogal's Swedish Apple & Rye Cake. It somehow seemed appropriate to make something Scandinavian and spiced after walking in the snow (plus I got to drink the rest of the cider not used for the syrup!).

I also finished the knitted cat I've been making for Stella, a friend's daughter and a little story book featuring the cat. I hope they like the surprise! Time to start on the elf slippers for another friend at work....

Stella's surprise!

Comments

Popular Posts